Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rhetorical QUESTION

Dear Daddy-Long-Legs,

Did you ever see this campus? (That is merely a rhetorical question. Don't let it annoy you.)

. . .

I started to tell you about the campus. I wish you'd come for a little visit and let me walk you about and say: "That is the library. This is the gas plant, Daddy dear. The Gothic building on your left is the gymnasium, and the Tudor Romanesque beside it is the new infirmary."

. . .

I wish you'd come and take tea some day and let me see if I like you. But wouldn't it be dreadful if I didn't? However, I know I should.

JUDY.

P.S. I looked in the glass this morning and found a perfectly new dimple that I'd never seen before. It's very curious. Where do you suppose it came from?

Daddy-Long-Legs / Jean Webster

No comments: